Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Chirp, chirp"

The only sound was the crackling of the fire and the turning of pages. I was reading my book in the living room, perched on the red couch.
"Chirp, chirp"
Closing my book, I lifted my head and began to look at my surroudings. That was strange.
"Chirp, chirp"
My eyes searched the room for anything suspicious. Nothing. I just continued reading my book.
"chirp, CHIRP!"
I closed my book once again in frustration, and took in a deep breath.
"SQUAWK!"
I balled my hands into fists then, my book in my lap. I sat still. Minutes passed, and I lifted my book with one had cautiously, then with both hands I opened it, my eyes still scanning. I eventually began to read again.
"SQUAWKY!!"
That did it. I threw my book behind the couch.
"OUCH!"..."I mean, CHIRP!"
"Serves you right Blogger, now gimme my book back.."

1 comment:

Anna said...

i replied to your comments. finally, i bet you're thinking XD